We all know that websites collect and store information. Under the new European Union privacy legislation, known as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), websites are required to inform you that data is collected and have you consent to your information being captured. My website is powered by WordPress.com.
WordPress collects certain information when you visit, like, comment on, and share blog posts. Users such as myself do not have control over what data they collect from you.
When you leave a comment, WordPress stores your comment, gravatar name, IP Address, and email address. This information will be retained until you unsubscribe or ask that it be removed.
If you like, comment on, or share a post from this blog,
you are consenting to the use of your information by WordPress and their service providers.
Cookies are used to ensure normal website operation, e.g., YouTube videos need identifiers in order to function. However, these identifiers do not store personal data. Find out more about how WordPress uses your data.
Both Jetpack (installed on my site) and Automatic (provides services to WordPress.com) have policy statements regarding privacy, which detail what information is collected and the reasons for doing so. Please refer to them for further clarification:
If you feel your data has been misused, you have the right to complain to the FCC (Federal Trade Commission).
My personal privacy statement.
- I do not have a newsletter or an email address list and will not send you unsolicited mail. If I need to contact you, I will do so via your blog or social media. You may contact me in the same way. Please do not leave your email address in your comments.
- You can request that I delete or edit your comment at any time by asking me to do so in a followup comment or via my social media.
- At the end of each of my posts, there is a statement reminding you of your agreement to these terms before commenting.
- My site is not monetized, so I will not share any of your information with or sell it to a third party.
- I do not have a form to fill in each time you comment, because I want to minimize the amount of information you have to provide.
Thank you for reading ❤️